1) Apologies: nil
2) Declaration of Interest; nil
3) Village Green Fencing:
Councillors Johns, Harrod and Turville-Petre had met with Richard at the village green. Richard now felt that the telegraph poles looked ‘scruffy’ and wanted to go back to posts. Dan Goff from the Dun Cow had confirmed he would pay for the posts. Richard had sourced the posts and someone to place them.
After discussion the Councillors agreed:
· Wooden posts would be placed around the green to prevent access by cars onto the central area.
· The posts would be placed so as to provide a better parking space at the edges.
· The posts would be secured with concrete to prevent vandalism but left with removable posts (by the area used currently by Anglia Water) to provide access for BT etc.
· The siting of the existing seat and the notice board would be looked at and relocated if necessary.
Proposed by Sue Johns. “The village green would have wooden posts placed around the perimeter to act as a barrier to cars”. Seconded Clifford Large. Motion carried.
4) Play Area:
Merlin Turville-Petre reported that he had obtained the grant for the play area amounting to £2,500. This would be used for fencing, goal posts etc. Sarah Dawson reported that the Playing Field account had been made dormant due to the fact there was no movement on the account. She suggested buying something with the account for the play area. Clifford Large suggested a basketball hoop. Sarah Dawson and Michael Olin were signatories on the account. Michael Olin had now left the village. Sarah Dawson will ask the clerk to confirm insurance for the field.
5) Bus Shelter
It was noted that the inside of the bus shelter had been painted by volunteers. The Parish Council expressed a vote of thanks to Mary Beth and Kayleigh.
Sue Johns informed the meeting that there had been new clearance of trees at the front of the heath and a public byway sign placed. She felt the trees had been badly cleared and also remarked that this was not a public byway (The track up to Heath that stats opposite the top of Cross Street.)
Clifford Large as Chairman of the Heath Trustees will look into it and report back next meeting.
Meeting closed at 8.30pm.
Minutes taken by Sarah Dawson.