Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson,(chairman) M. Turville-Petre, D. Harrod.
Four members of the public. J.Stibbons(clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies Dist Cllr. D. Young.
2. Declarations of Interest None
3. The Minutes of the meetings held on 9th January 2018 and 25th January 2018, having been previously circulated, it was agreed by the members that these were a true and accurate records of those meetings. The chairman then signed both copies of the minutes.
4. Matters arising from the minutes
Low flying helicopter. Further enquiries are being made.
A public meeting was held on 24th February to try and recruit volunteers to held the Heath Trustees, put together a constitution and move on to Charitable status.
5. Reports From Police, District and County Councillors.
There were no reports.
6. Planning. Ref PE/18/0247 Little Crankham, Cross Street,
The Parish Council had no objection to this application.
7. Risk Assessment and revised Standing Orders.
Both items will be considered by members and any additions or deletions discussed at the next meeting, when the final drafts should be formally adopted.
It was noted that regular, logged, inspections of the Play equipment Defibrillator need to be added to the risk assessment.
8. Financial Matters. Account balances at 6th March 2018 were:-
Community account £6559.19 Investment account £4680.96
It was decided that Salthouse parish council should not apply for exemption of the audit regulations.
9. Correspondence. An offer of £30 per cut for grass cutting has been received but it needs to be cut every few weeks or it will become too long for the mower. It was agreed that the grass did not need to be kept like a lawn, two or three cuts per season should be sufficient. A decision will be made at a later meeting.
10. Matters for information or the next agenda.
It was noted that there had been inconsiderate parking at the village green and the Parish Council would like to remind parishioners that the Village Green is an amenity for the village enjoyment. The council would be grateful if people would park carefully and considerately. There can be NO reserved parking spaces.
The problem with access at footpath No.7 is still ongoing.
A map of registered footpaths in Salthouse was handed to the members
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.37pm.