Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson,(chairman) M. Turville-Petre,D. Harrod,C. Large, Dist. Cllrs. D. Young and nine members of the public. J.Stibbons (clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies There were no apologies
2. To elect a Chairman and Vice Chairman for the coming year.
It was proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that Cllr. Dawson should remain as chairman. This was seconded by Cllr. Large and approved.
It was proposed by Cllr. Large the Cllr. Turville-Petre should be elected vice chairman. This was seconded by Cllr. Harrod and approved.
3. Declarations of Interest Cllr. Dawson ; Village Hall (8) and PCC
4. The Minutes of the meeting held on 7th March 2017, having been previously circulated, it was proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that the minutes be approved. This was seconded by Cllr. Harrod and agreed by the members. The chairman then signed the minutes.
5. Matters arising from the minutes None.
6 .Financial Matters.
Balances at 31st March 2017 Community a/c £6978.24 Savings a/c £4659.03
End of Year submissions for Audit. There were no comments from the internal
auditor. After answering all the questions in Section 2 of the Annual Return and
approving the accounting statement the return was duly signed.
The following invoices were approved and cheques signed:-
Zurich Insurance £395.43
N.C.C. Allotment rent (half year) £1000
Environment Agency Drainage rate £31.32
Norfolk ALC Subscription £84.77
M. Turville-Petre Domain rental £19.18
C. Warsop Internal Audit £25
P.C.C. Donation £200
7. REPORTS FROM POLICE, DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
Dist. Cllr. D. Young. The District Council are to challenge the Bodham and Selbrigg wind turbine decisions.
The local government boundary review will involve a cut-back of councillors from 48 to 40. Salthouse will now be in the Coastal Ward which stretched from Weybourne to Stiffkey.
Housing allocation – additional proof will be needed that applicants have a link with North Norfolk.
S106, there is slow progress but Norman Lamb is hoping to progress the Market Lane site.
The PCC. Asking for help with costs of cutting the churchyard.
It was felt that not all areas of the church yard need to be kept cut short. It was
proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that a donation of £200 should be given. This was
seconded by Cllr. Large and agreed.
Salthouse Village Hall - A request for assistance with the cost of renewal of drains.
The Parish Council will help with repairs when quotations for the work are at hand
Environment agency - Summary of proposed work.
Boundary commission - Final recommendations
9.Verge Spraying There is much disquiet in the village regarding the verge spraying that has been carried out by NCC Highways. Was this operation risk assessed? Which chemical was used? More investigation is to be carried out.
Dist. Cllr. D. Young will also make further enquiries.
10. Church Lane Scaffolding is blocking part of Church Lane and the hedge at the top of the lane is grown over. NPS to be contacted to have the hedge trimmed and maintain the path.
11. Matters for information only or for the next agenda.
Playing field. The brambles need cutting back and the entrance cleared. A notice for NO DOGS is to be displayed.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 9.40pm
here to edit.