Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson,(chairman) M. Turville-Petre,D. Harrod,C. Large,
Dist. Cllrs. D. Young and six members of the public. J.Stibbons(clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies County Councillor S. Botikoffer (who is unwell).
2. Declarations of Interest None
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 14th November 2017, having been previously circulated, it was agreed by the members that these were a true and accurate record of that meeting. The chairman then signed the minutes.
4. Matters arising from the minutes None.
5. Reports From Police, District and County Councillors
Dist. Cllr. D. Young.
A motion was passed at the December meeting of NNDC that the Council considers setting aside a sum of £200,000 to go to bolster the Police budget and that this money is used to provide a number of PCSO’s specifically for the North Norfolk District.
The plans for a new Splash facility at Sheringham are now ready to move forward. The estimated cost is £10.7m of which £0.75m would be derived from a sale of land for a hotel, £1m would be a grant from Sport England and the balance would come from Capital Reserves and borrowing. There will be a new 10 year management contract, to include the North Walsham and Fakenham facilities, which overall should result in significant savings over the current arrangements.
Also agreed were new fees and charges, some of which rise by around 3% but car parking remains unchanged. From the next financial year the 5% discount on council tax for second homes will be abolished.
It seems to be increasingly likely that the cable route from the proposed Hornsea 3 windfarm would start at Muckleburgh and go inland just to the east of The Street in Kelling. The application to the Secretary of State will not be submitted until the second quarter of 2018 and if approved, work would not start for several years.
Over the New Year a dog died shortly after eating a dead fish washed up on Cley beach. This is being investigated by Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science and until their investigation is complete, all dog owners are advised to keep dogs well away from items washed up on beaches in the area.
6. Salthouse Heath. It was decided to postpone the nomination of Trustees to the Salthouse Heath committee until the Trustees and the general public could attend a public meeting to be held on Saturday 24th February at 6pm where all opinions could be heared.
7. Geneal Data Protection Regulations (2018) It was decided to await more information before any decisions would be taken on implementing the GDPR
8. Financial Matters.
Current account Balances at 02/01/2018 £7367.75
The following outstanding invoices were approve and cheques signed
R. Gayfer Grass cutting £562.18
J. Stibbons Salary and Expenses £492.37
HMRC PAYE £92
- Report of a a helicopter flying low over the marshes
- Recording of old footpaths to be completed by 2026
10. Matters for information or the next agenda.
The Parish Council meeting scheduled for May 2018 will now be held on Tuesday 8th May.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.47pm