Draft Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 14th September 2021
Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson,(chairman) C. Horwood, D. Harrod. J. Wright. J.Stibbons(clerk)
County Cllr. E. Varney District Cllr. V. Holliday.
Sixteen members of the public
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies. None
2. To elect a Vice-Chairman for the coming year.
It was proposed by Cllr Dawson that Cllr. Horwood should be elected as vice-chairman.
This was seconded by Cllr. Wright and approved
3. There were no comments or questions on the agenda from members of the public.
4. Report from District councillor V. Holliday
Eight and a half million is to made available for coastal adaption.
Salthouse duck pond water is still very high but levels should be controlled.
5. The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 13th July 2021.were approved by the members present and signed by the chairman.
6. There were no matters arising from the Minutes.
7. There were no declarations of interest.
8. Planning PF/21/2189 Marsh Cottage, Coast Road.
Two storey extension following demolition of garage with first floor balcony with external stairs.
The parish council thanked the owner letter from the owner of Marsh Cottage for sending a letter of explanation of various points in the application. Concern was expressed regarding parking of builders trucks round the green when work was in progress. A copy of the Salthouse Code Of Building Conduct will be sent to the applicant.
The parish council has no objection to this application but again stressed that Salthouse was keen to avoid light pollution as there was a “Dark Skies” policy in place.
9. Heath Trustees. The heath is owned by the village and managed by trustees three trustees appointments by the Parish Council and the other foot appointments are filled by nomination.
The work done to date has gone very well and everything is under control. As the parish council appoints three trustees they could be liable for claims in the case of an accident.
The Parish Council would like to see evidence of insurance cover to at least five million pounds and a health and safety statement.
The parish council needs to see a full set of accounts.
It was agreed to write to the Trustees requesting this information.
It was agreed that the three trustees will be appointed at the next parish council meeting.
It was asked from the floor where the money has come from to improve the heath.
This will be confirmed, amongst other points at the public meeting to be held by the Trustees probably in October.
10. Financial matters.
Bank Balances at 14/9/21 Current a/c £7235.19 Savings a/c £4752.63
To approve the following invoices for payment:-
NNDC Dog Bins £218.40
Community Heartbeat Battery £223.20
J. Stibbons Salary and expenses £553.93
HMRC PAYE £109.25
C. Horwood Replaces chq.815(not presented) £55.53
G.Golby Notice board £1246.00
11. Marl Pit Norfolk Ponds project are advising on the improvement to the pond. The rubbish is to be cut down during the winter up to two meters from the edge. It could take two or three years for the project to be fully functional.
12. Air Ambulance The parish council wished to thank all the volunteers who made the Fete such a success. A total of £1500 was raised for the Air Ambulance
13. Correspondence. All correspondence was by email of which the councillors had copies as received.
14 Matters for information or the next agenda.
The cutting of the North side of the village green has been completed and the cut material cleared.
The part of the village green past the Don Cow is being slowly lost due to car parking. The parish council will investigate further.
The Duck Pond is flooded again as is part of the coast road. Highways and the Norfolk Wildlife Trust are to be contacted again.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.20
The next meeting of Salthouse Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 9th November.