Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson,(chairman) M. Turville-Petre, D. Harrod. C. Horwood, Dist. Cllr. K. Ward, and seven members of the public. J.Stibbons(clerk)
The meeting opened at 8.25pm
1. As this was the first meeting after an election the council members were required to sign a Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
2. It was proposed by M.Turville-Petre that Dr. S. Lawson be appointed Chairman, this was seconded by D. Harrod and approved.
It was proposed by S. Dawson that M Turville-Petre be elected Vice-Chairman. This was seconded by D. Harrod and approved.
3. The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 12th March 2019,
having been previously circulated, were approved as correct and signed by the chairman.
4. There were no matters arising from the Minutes.
5. Reports. The newly elected District Councillor Karen Ward was introduced to the meeting.
Cllr. Ward reminded those present that the six week consultation of the Local Plan was under way. Salthouse is designated as countryside. Funding was proposed for a design guide for the Glaven Valley Conservation area.
6. Financial matters.
Balance in bank:- Current a/c £7682.07 - Investment a/c £4680.96
After approval by the councillors the Certificate of Exemption from Full Audit for 2018-19 was signed.
The Year End accounts submitted to the meeting were approved by the councillors and signed by the chairman
The annual governance statement was read to the meeting. It was then approved and signed by the chairman.
The accounting statement was also approved.
The following invoices were approved and cheques signed.
N.A.L.C. Subscription £86.86
N.C.C. Half Yr. Allotment rent £1150
J. Bishop Internal auditor £30
Environment agency Drainage rate £33.64
7. Correspondence. Members agreed to fully support the initiative from Cley to improvement Emergency ambulance response times.
8. There were no matters for the next agenda.
There being on further business the chairman closed the meeting at 9.11pm