Dist. Cllr. D. Young and five members of the public. J.Stibbons (clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.32pm
1. Apologies None
2. Declarations of Interest None
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 5th July 2016, having been previously circulated, it was noted in item 6 that numbers two three and seven were incorrect. The minutes were amended to read numbers five and eleven. It was also noted that in item 9 the word hedge should be replaced with scaffolding. After making these corrections it was proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that the minutes be approved. This was seconded by Cllr. Johns and agreed by the members. The chairman then signed the minutes.
4. Matters arising from the minutes. None
5. REPORTS FROM POLICE, DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
Dist. Cllr D. Young. The Governments financial settlement for the four years to 2019/20 include an assumed increase in average Council Tax of £5 each year but still show a reduction is spending power of £1.1m or 9% over the period. The present system of NNDC making a reducing grant towards the parish council precept (to offset the effect of Local Council Tax Support introduced in April 2013) will continue for 2017/18.
Cabinet agreed to spend £50k to prepare a full Business case for establishing an Business Centre, probably in North Walsham, to promote science, technology, engineering and maths. It is also to spend £20k on a one year pilot programme on a Sporting Centre of Excellence. It is to be based at Gresham's school and will be coaching 11-14 year-olds in cricket, hockey, running and netball.
A planning Application by NNDC has been submitted for the conversion of the derelict area of North Lodge Park to a 48 space car park. The former bandstand building would be turned into a new toilet block.
Note. changes in the method of registering to speak at meetings of the Development Committee. Meetings are usually held on a Thursday morning, starting at 9.30 am. In order to speak for or against a planning application (one person from each side) it is necessary to register with the council on 01263 516150 by 9 am the previous Tuesday. It is not clear from the announcement whether this also applies to a representative of the Parish Council or since they have an automatic right to speak.
Beach car park. John Sizer has has asked for another meeting to consider possible alternative sites south of the coast road as the proposed costs could not be justified..
6. PLANNING. Ref.PM/16/1034 Iona, Purdy Street, Salthouse
Details of appearance,landscaping, layout, scale and access – matters reserved under outline permission Ref. PO/15/1586 for erection of a replacement dwelling.
The councillors agreed that there was too much wood cladding in the proposed design which was not in keeping with the traditional types of building in the village. The proportion of flint should be increased. There was also an increase in the number if windows shown on the revised plans which would lead to more light pollution, something the council were anxious to avoid.
It was also noted that the proposed size of the building was larger that the original footprint.
7. PLAYING FIELD The chairman thanked everyone for their support and hard work to make the first B.B.Q. and picnic day such a success. It was agreed to make this an annual event.
The first phase of play equipment installation has been completed. It was agreed that a monthly safety inspection should be carried out.RoSPA (Playsafe) will be requested to give an annual safety report in June of each year.NO DOGS notices are to be placed at the playing field.
8. FINANCIAL MATTERS.
Bank Balances at date of meeting:- Current a/c £6633.49 Savings a/c £4631.17
The following invoices were approved and cheques signed.
Grant Village Hall £200
J. Stibbons Salary/expenses £493.69
HMRC PAYE £92
- NCC – Publishing data for County farms Noted
- NALC - The rights of local councils to be notified of planning applications and decisions
- N. Norfolk Parish and Town Councils Forum. Noted
- N. Lamb – Money from Second Home Council Tax. Noted
- Marie Curie – appeal for donation This item is to be included in the list of donation requests for consideration at the end of the financial year
10. Matters for information only or for the next agenda.
It was agree that a payment should be made towards the cost of grass cutting on the North of the green, mower repairs had been necessary.
A request has been made to place “Hoggin” on part of the triangle at the junction of Market Lane as this is becoming damaged by cars.
Rats have been reported at the Duck Pond. NNDC are to be informed.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.35pm
The next Salthouse parish council meeting will be on Thursday 8th sNovember 2016