Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson, (chairman) M. Turville-Petre, D. Harrod,
Dist. Cllr. D. Young and four members of the public. J.Stibbons (clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies Cllr. C. Large
The chairman informed the meeting that a letter of resignation had been received from
Mrs. S. Johns.
The meeting thanked Mrs Johns for all her hard work while serving as a Parish Councillor.
2. Declarations of Interest None
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 13th September 2016, having been previously circulated, it was proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that the minutes be approved. This was seconded by
Cllr. Harrod and agreed by the members. The chairman then signed the minutes.
4. Matters arising from the minutes.
It was noted that the Mobile Post Office would be visiting Salthouse in the near future. It will stop near the telephone box (Purdy Street) on Tuesdays between 2.45pm and 3.45pm.
It will be difficult for the vegetation to be cut back at the duck pond to discourage the rats. It was agreed to ask NNDC if a sign could be erected asking visitors not to feed the ducks.
It was proposed by S. Dawson that £100 should be given to assist with repairs to the triangle at the Market Lane junction. This was seconded by M. Turville-Petre and carried.
Dist Cllr. D. Young.
- To register a mobile phone for emergency services where there is no signal text “Register” to 112
- Talks are still on-going for the development of the Market Lane site.
- Beach Car Park – Steve Hayman has retired. The new contact is Kerry Fisher.
The parish council were very disappointed by the approval given to demolishing 9, Bloomstiles and replacing with a two storey semi-detatched dwelling. There were some very well presented objections to this application which were ignored.
It was noted that approval has been granted for layout and landscaping at Iona, Purdy Street.
7. PLAYING FIELD
“NO DOGS” signs are to be put in place at the playing field.
8. FINANCIAL MATTERS.
Bank Balances at date of meeting:- Current a/c £7763.49 Savings a/c £4631.17
The budget for the coming financial year was discussed and approved.
It was proposed by Cllr. Dawson that the precept for the 2017-2018 year should be £4750 This was seconded by Cllr. Turville-Petre and approved.
The following invoices were approved and cheques signed:-
NCC Allotment and Playing Field Rent £590
Mazars Auditors £30
Heartbeat Defibrillator £2539
9. Duck Pond. And 10. Mobile Post Office are covered in Matters arising from the minutes (4)
- Notification of Sustainability Appraisal consultation.
12. Items for information only.
- It was agreed that the waste bin on the Green should be looked at to see if it could be repaired.
- The provision of a bench will be discussed at a later meeting.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.43pm.