Present Cllrs. Dr. S. Dawson.(chairman) M. Turville-Petre, C. Horwood.
Four member of the public J.Stibbons(clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.30pm
1. Apologies. None
There were no Declarations of Interest
2. The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 15th September 2020 were approved by the
3. Matters arising from the Minutes. There was some delay in finding a suitable supplier for the memorial bench to be placed on the Green.
4. Reports There were no reports
5. Playing Field. Contractors have been retained to cut the brambles. It may be necessary to close the playground again due to the further lock-down which is due later in the week. It was decided to await legal instructions before taking further action.
6. Village Survey. It was proposed by Cllr. Turville-Petre that a village survey should be undertaken to consider suggestions for improvements in the parish.
Enquiries could include Housing, Recreation, Footpaths, Transport (Buses) .
Councillors will consider other possible inclusions to enable an overall survey to be produced.
7. Affordable Housing. Councillors agreed that it would be beneficial to have a display of the proposed layout either in the village hall or virtually so that the updated proposals could be more clearly examined.
8. Budget Proposals for 2021-2022 A copy of the proposed budget had been previously circulated to members and it was agreed to approve the figures as presented.
The precept is to remain the same as 2020-2021
Bank Balances at 3/11/20 Current a/c £7894.58 Savings a/c £4752.63
The following invoices are due for approval and payment:-
NCC Allotment / playing field rent £1190
J. Stibbons Salary and expenses £591.78
HMRC PAYE £109.25
· NPS. A review of rents for the allotment field was to be carried out during 2021
· Corner Cottage. The grass is growing well but the ground is too soft for a first cut at present.
The parish Council are to request the removal of the orange fencing now the alterations are complete.
· It was agreed to ask for the removal of the boat outside Cookies Crab Shop.
· The continued overnight parking of motorhomes in Beach Road is still a problem.
A picture of the signs placed at the Cley beach road were discussed. The signs erected by NNDC Highways were completely inadequate. Highways will not put signs banning overnight parking.
It was agreed to erect three signs stating:-
No overnight parking
No open fires
Please take your litter home to protect our wildlife and respect our village
By Order of Salthouse Parish Council.
Chevertons are to be asked for designs and quotation.
There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting at 8.28pm
The next meeting of Salthouse Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 12th January 2021